domenica 4 novembre 2007

How many things we learn!


Technology is great! I mean, nowadays you can do a lot of things only by pushing a button or by clicking on a icon. The last thing we learnt was how to keep track of new information of our favorite websites or blogs. Actually I can’t realize how much more we have to learn and discover, because every day we are amazed by the news the net can propose to its users, but I’m sure we have a long way to go.

Technology is really helpful and above all allows us to do whatever we want very rapidly, but I’m afraid that all these improvements are going to make everybody lazier than what we already are. People go shopping on the net, people organize their holidays just by filling some forms they find in internet, people download movies and music or read newspapers on the net. I ask, what about crowded supermarket? What about agency travelers’ job? And what about eating pop-corns watching a movie in a dolby-sorround cinema? And what about chatting a little bit with that curious man of the newspaper kiosk?
That’s only a little part.

Nevertheless I think that a program like a feeds aggregator that allows us to know if one of our peers updated her blog, gets our task easier and quicker. I know that not everybody has the free time I have, so it’s better for him such programs do exist to make easier his job. I admit I’m not very good in using computer’s programs, so I will continue to do whatever is possible without using internet or whatever concern technologies. I hope one day I will improve my computer skills. But I admit not to be so optimistic, or better to say I don’t want to be. I won’t leave room to laziness!

1 commento:

The Ghellers ha detto...

Hi Giovanna!
I read with interest your comment on technologies because I agree with you! On one hand I must confess that I’m a little bit worried about it because it’s too fast. Nowadays children can use computers better than me!
On the other hand, I believe that technology opened a lot of new possibilities. We should take advantage of them (see RSS), without becoming a computer addicted! I really enjoyed the experience of this week because I’m always very curious to learn new things, especially when they’re so useful!
Finally I enjoyed your exhortation "I won’t leave room to laziness!”. I totally agree…
Stefania